More information is to be found
1. In Swedish at www.adhdfonden.se
2. In Swedish at http://stressmedcenter.com/adhd-fond/ (not yet translated to English)
As biopsychosocial medicine during last 40 years (dependent when we defined its formal start as well what it refers to) has not been able to be substantial developed while the recognition of lifestyle diseases and problems gradually rapidly increase, we have started this web site and a foundation for knowledge development, research and practice. One focus is on regard laymen/patients not as problems but as competent resources given they are offered relevant education – and cooperation with biopsychosocial medicine educated health care providers.
Of particular concerns is ADHD and the alarmingly increase in use of pharmacological substances which instead can be effectively treated with “non-pharmacological dependent” knowledge and practice. Pills are not only not needed and mostly (only if correct qEEG based diagnosis is done) not of relevance but also a challenge towards children´s health development. For argument see http://skillsbeforepills.com/children%c2%b4s-health/ and www.iclam.se – project, ADHD.
We have tried to work without needed external economical support during the years (hard to get funds for biopsychosocial medicine work) so we now turn to interested who want to contribute especially for development of ADHD non–pharmacological based knowledge development, empirical work and practice where we see education and self-activities (school, families and individuals).
Host for the ADHD – Foundation is Swedish Center for Stress Medicine, C D Ekmans väg 41, 820 23 Bergvik, Sweden – NB Swedish Bg. 491-7662 (is administrated by Stress Medicine AB). Bank: Swedbank. Important for each contribution is to provide e-mail address so we can inform how the funds are used.
First of January 2017 we plan to start a foundation for non-pharmacological knowledge development and empirical biopsychosocial medicine research. A Foundation where all interested to contribute in any way are welcome.
The basic idea is to provide those interested to join with different options.
1. It can be patients who want to get support for contributing with their experiences and thoughts as well as collect data using the IBED – Individual Biological Evidence based Documentation paradigm (see later references which will be inserted here) – my clinical experiences is that patients many time have important information we, experts, should be attention to and base interventions on. If it is clearly wrong thoughts they are also important while this is the way a particular individual thinks, which is of relevance for biopsychosocial medicine approach!
2. It can be economical support for knowledge development and empirical biopsychosocial medicine research – something which is really not easy while reductionistic research are not satisfactory promoted – accepted by medicinal society.
3. It can be students, clinical and scientists who can contribute without any or much financial support, something which is so much needed!
4. It can be work on ethical and humanistic issues while here is so much needed to be done – in terms of clearly demonstrate the destructive impact on lifestyle related diseases and problems today´s reductionstic, simplistic medicine has on people´s health as well as societies economy.
First we must set up a board of patients, students, clinicians and scientists and then at this web site we will declare this foundation started – hopefully in January 2017!
2015-10-01 – 2016-11-29 more info soon
Bo von Schéele, professor
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org